The programme schedule aims to answer the new and challenging requirements of the crystallography education and training during the 2nd century of modern crystallography. It is divided into four different modules:
Pre-school basic tools:
- Matrix calculus in crystallography
- Symmetry elements and symmetry operations
- Basic group theory
- Introduction to Reciprocal Space
- Symmetry groups and types of symmetry in direct space
- Space groups and their description in International Tables for Crystallography, Vol. A
- Group-subgroup relations – On line tools.
- Crystal-structure descriptions – On line tools.
- Crystal-structure relations – On line tools.
- Difraction and Phasing.
- Difraction Methods for Metal-Organic and Inorganic crystals.
- Diffraction Methods for biological crystals.
- Diffraction Methods for Nanomaterials – Electron diffraction.
- Diffraction Metodos for Magnetic Materials.
- Practical sessions on Online Tools – Tutorials : Sir/Expo-Jana–Topos–Fullprof
- Biological Crystallography
- Materials Crystallography
- On line tools – Tutorials: CCP4, SHELX, SIR
Hot topic Subjects:
- Time resolved Crystallography
- XFEL Crystallography
- Electron Crystallography
- Crystallography in the Space
The general daily schedule will be the following (minor changes may occur some days):